- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enter a spectacular rain forest at majestic, smoking Rincon de la Vieja volcano for Costa Rica’ premier water tubing Eco-adventure that combines heart-stopping adventure and relaxation - incomparable views, blue rivers, waterfalls, natural mineral hot springs plus much more.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide - English and Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Locker & Change-room
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Sun block, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
Your hotel or residence in Playa Hermosa
Between 7:00am and 8am
Returns to original departure point
7:00am - to 8:30am: Playa Hermosa or Panama Beach hotel/apartment pick-up by bi-lingual guide. Time and place to be communicated. Leave behind the dry Savannah and enter inside a lush rain forest only found on the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano.
10:00am: Arrive at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing & prepare for adventure.
10:30am: Depart for a short drive to a private park on the blue river Rio Azul.
• Water Tube: Walk along through a farm into a private park where the Water Tubing Adventure along the Rio Azul commences. Slide, bump & spin along white water and adrenaline-pumping chutes, around bends and through calm water down the river. Feel the lush rain forest picturesque periphery, through canyons and thick greenery. Here sounds of the river, the howler monkeys, insects and birds. of blue water rushing past is quiet compared to the howler monkeys, insects and birds.
12:30pm: Return to Blue River Resort to enjoy a delightful lunch.
1:30pm: Choose all or take your choice of:
• Swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 4 of them, unique large natural mineral green hot springs; and, 1 fresh water pool with a bullet water slide
• Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caiman Lake and Bird Lake.
• Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho.
• Take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens.
• See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees Centigrade
• Visit miniature horses and donkeys
• Unwind some more, with a spa treatment (not included) at the full service Blue River Spa
4:00pm: Departure back to your hotel
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Bring: Comfortable clothing, insect repellent & comfortable walking shoes, bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket & extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- Must be in good health, physical condition and a competent swimmer
- A refundable cash deposit toward locker and towel use may be required.
- A vegetarian lunch option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.