- 8 to 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Cathedral Waterfalls' 1-day Eco-adventure - a spiritual connection to nature. Stunning waterfalls, rainforest, blue rivers, natural hot springs, mud bathing, botanical gardens, butterfly gardens and much more– unique in Costa Rica.
Be picked-up at your hotel arriving in the rainforest on the Caribbean side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano, at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs. After a welcome cocktail choose a long or short hike to Cathedral Waterfalls with your bi-lingual guide to showcase the abundant nature. Return for a delicious lunch, then enjoy 3 gorgeous natural hot springs pools, fresh-water pools, bullet waterslide, natural mud bath & sauna, butterfly farm, botanical gardens. Be on the lookout for sloths, howler monkeys, toucans; relax by the hummingbird sanctuary or along lagoons and ponds with fish, turtles and caiman; hang out with miniature horses and donkeys and much more. At 4 pm, return, full of life-long memories to recount, long after returning home.
- Welcome cocktail & fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide - English and Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Locker & Change-room
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Sun block, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
Your hotel or residence in the region of Playa del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Playa Panama or Liberia. Specifics about time and where to wait will be confirmed the night before.
Between 7:00am and 8am (Place & time to be communicated in advance)
Returns to original departure point
8:00 am - to 8:30am: Pick-up by bi-lingual guide from regions of Liberia, Playa del Coco, Playa Hermosa or Panama Beach at your hotel/apartment. Time and place to be communicated in advance. Be prepared to leave behind the dry Savannah and enter the lush rain forest only found on the Caribbean side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano.
10:00am: Arrive at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing & prepare for adventure.
10:30am: Depart for a short drive to a private park on the blue river Rio Azul.
• Depart on foot or through farm and then jungle to reach Rio Azul’s Cathedral Waterfalls. Hike along foot paths to the blue liquid chamber & possibly, take dips into the river. Feel the lush rain forest picturesque periphery, through canyons and thick greenery. feel the magical mysterious surroundings. Listen for the sounds of the river, the howler monkeys, insects and birds.
12:30pm: Return to Blue River Resort to enjoy a delightful lunch.
1:30pm: Choose all or take your choice of:
• Swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 3 of them, unique large natural mineral green hot springs; and, 2 fresh water pools with a bullet water slide
• Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caiman Lake and Bird Lake.
• Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho.
• Take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens.
• See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees Centigrade
• Visit miniature horses and donkeys
• Unwind some more, with a spa treatment (not included) at the full service Blue River Spa
4:00pm: Depart and return in time for dinner.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring: Comfortable clothing, insect repellent & comfortable walking shoes, bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket & extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- Must be in good physical health
- A refundable cash deposit toward locker and towel use may be required.
- A vegetarian lunch option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.