- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Get close-up and personal with life-size moving dinosaurs inside a “Paradise on Earth.” Experience thrills, lush rain forest, incomparable views of majestic smoking Rincon de la Vieja volcano, blue rivers, natural mineral hot springs, 80 meter waterfalls and much more. Dino Park is all about family exhilaration and learning too. Hike in the rain forest for dips under the Grand Waterfalls, cascading pools and along the blue river. After a delicious lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs take dips in 3 different "natural mineral" hot spring pools & 2 fresh water pools with bullet water slide, meander tropical botanical gardens with over 700 varietals, butterfly gardens, orchid garden, hummingbird sanctuary, Koi & Bird & Caiman Lakes, turtle ponds. Take a natural mud bath and sauna; visit miniature donkeys and horses and much more. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included with a bilingual guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- All taxes
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Changing room with locker
- Entry/Admission - Dino Park Blue River
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Spa treatments (available for purchase)
Your hotel or apartment in Playa Hermosa or Playa del Coco
Returns to original departure point
8am: Be picked from hotels in Playa Hermosa by a bilingual guide for transportation to a lush rain forest only found on the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano.
10:00 am: Arrive at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing & prepare for adventure.
10:30 am: Depart for a short drive to a private park.
• Dino Park: Walk along the forest path looking for life-size moving dinosaurs for a close-up and personal experience.
• Hike: Explore the rain forest and the incomparable blue river, Rio Pénjamo. Take dips under the Grand Waterfalls and other cascading pools.
12:30 pm: Return to Blue River Resort to enjoy a delightful lunch.
1:30 pm: Choose all or take your choice of:
• Swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 4 of them, unique large natural mineral "green" hot springs; and, 1 fresh water pool with a bullet water slide
• Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake.
• Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho.
• Take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens.
• See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees Centigrade
• Visit the miniature horses and donkeys
• Unwind some more, with a spa treatment (not included) at the full service Blue River Spa
4:00pm: Return to Playa Hermosa
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A waiver of responsibility will need to be signed for the tour to go ahead
- Hiking shoes recommended to wear
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, including dirt stairs and paths
- Bring comfortable clothing, insect repellent, bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket and extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered a refund or alternative, if known in advance, and an alternative if occurs on route.
- The duration of transfers are approximate; the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pickup time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.