- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Tenorio is located along the continental divide and our closest location to visit the tropical rainforest. Our rainforest experience will start with a guided walk through a private reserve.
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Tenorio Volcano National Park - Rio Celeste
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
any rental homes
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tenorio Volcano National Park - Rio Celeste, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
We will walk through one of area's the most beautiful and protected patches of primary growth rain forest, with chances of spotting the local wildlife such as toucans, curassows, guans, agoutis, lizards, frogs, snakes, white-nosed coatis, and occasionally even the rare tapir.
After that, our driver/guide will take you to the second activity. The river cruise is a tour for the whole family (regardless of age). Your guide will do the rowing and spot the plentiful wildlife along the ride. You can expect to see lots of waterbirds such as herons, egrets, ibis, roseate spoonbills, storks, kingfishers, and maybe even owls, toucans, and parrots. Howler monkeys, white-faced capuchins, iguanas, bats, and crocodiles are all commonly spotted.
After two hours on this pristine river, you will have a traditional Costa Rican casado, which is a combination of rice, beans, salad, plantain, vegetable stew, and a protein choice (fish, pork, chicken, or beef).
Duration: 7 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.