- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This is such an amazing and educational hiking tour with a knowledgeable naturalist that will to put you in touch with nature. The hike takes place on a family owned property, the only private reserve in Samara. The Werner Sauter Biological Reserve has been preserved for 25 years.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Water and snacks
Traveler pickup is offered
Just tell us what hotel you are staying at.
You will be picked up by your guide and driven to the property located in the mountains behind Samara, just 5 minutes from town. The tour starts off at a display farm set up to show you how the locals farmers lived many years ago, what crops they were planting and how they lived their day to day.
The hike starts off in old growth or first generation dry tropical rain forest where you will come across many types of trees such a pochote, known for it's beautiful wood and large spikes. Passing by a small calcium river you will discover why this area is one of five blue zones in the world. In the area we have over 100 people over 100 years old. Heading uphill on trails that are groomed but may be uneven or have roots at times, the moderate hike can be made by most people in reasonable shape.
During the hike the guide will talk about all the flora and fauna you see as wall as the myriad of insect and animal life you come across. Reaching the summit you will enter the new growth forest and will have the opportunity to relax at a view point overlooking the bay of Samara before heading back down to the beginning trail head. This tour changes from day to day because of the animal life that is consistently migrating and the natural growth cycles of the plant life; it is never the same hike twice.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not appropriate for children 4 years old or under
- A minimum of 2 people per tour is required. One person can book a tour as long as there are other people already going. If there is no one else on that tour, client can chose to pay for 2 spots. If no one else signs up and the client DOES NOT want to pay for two spots, the tour will be cancelled
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.