- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Ocean kayak and snorkel to Isla Chora is one of the most popular tours in Samara! Isla Chora is a small island about a 25-45 minute paddle off the beach of Playa Samara depending on where you enter the water. Once on the island you will discover a secluded beach with amazing views back to Samara and the mountains behind it.
Walking into the shallow and warm waters you will discover reefs teaming with tropical fish. While relaxing on the island you will be offered beverages and fresh fruits. Some local wildlife will likely be curious and visit you: the large iguanas and raccoons.
The bilingual guide will take you snorkeling near the island where you can find several types of fish. The waters around Samara are safe for the whole family. Tours are done when the tide is low. Pickup and drop off from your hotel in Samara or Carrillo is included. Don’t forget your camera, sun block and bathing suit.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Samara-Carrillo Info Center
Traveler pickup is offered
The tour includes pickup and drop off at any hotel or VRBO within a 10 mile /16 km radius.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
The tour takes you to the south end of Samara Beach where you will begin to kayak to the island, Isla Chora.
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Samara-Carrillo Info Center, Playa Samara, Province of Guanacaste
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.