- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
On this Tamarindo Turtle Nesting tour, you will have the rare chance to see Olive Ridley and Green Pacific sea turtles lay their eggs, and sometimes even see the babies hatching and going out to sea!
- See Turtles Laying their Eggs
- Chance of Seeing Baby Turtles Hatching
- Local Bilingual Conservationist Guide
- A Rare Chance to See Costa Rica's Beloved Turtles
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Led by a local guide
- National Park fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
Native's Way Costa Rica - Tours and Transfers, 50 meters west of Banco Nacional, Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Native's Way Costa Rica, Meters West Of Banco Nacional 50 Next to La Oveja Negra Surf Club, Tamarindo 50503 Costa Rica
Leaving just after sunset, you will meet at our office and your guide will take you to a protected beach located 30 minutes away.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Playa Mina, Playa Conchal Costa Rica
You will have the chance to see Olive Ridley and Green Pacific sea turtles laying their eggs at a series of secluded beaches near Playa Grande. You could possibly see the Leatherback turtles, but it is rare.
Due to the sensitive nature of this naturalist tour, the local guides prohibit the use of flashlights or flash on your cameras, but you may take pictures. A special red light will be provided by the guide that does not disturb the turtles.
Turtles can be seen year round, November to April is the peak season for turtle nesting.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children age 4 and under
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.