- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Learn how to surf with Tamarindo's #1 Surf School since 1989. All skill levels welcome. We are located directly in front of a beach break and we are Tamarindo’s original surf shop! We are highly experience, having taught over 100,000 surf lessons in the 30 years we have been operating. All of our staff members are friendly, bilingual and very experienced professionals. Over half of our staff has been with us for over 10 years! We cater specifically to each and every customer’s needs and it is our goal to have every customer leave 100% satisfied and we put a huge emphasis on safety. We are a fully insured company with properly trained instructors in water and surf safety, CPR and First Aid.
- Special Offer
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Get inside tips from a local
- Popular choice with kids
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- 2-hour lesson
- Rash guard (Surf Shirt)
- Soft-Top surf board
- Professional bilingual instructor
- Use of changing rooms
- Bottled water - We have a water filter for surfers to rehydrate after their lesson
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Iguana Surf Shop Tamarindo
Directly in front of the beach on the main street in Tamarindo on Costa Rica's Gold Coast
Daily Lessons Available at 9am, 11am, 1pm, and 3pm
Once you arrive to Iguana Surf Shop you will be greeted by Christian, Anthony or Lindsey who will get you all signed in for you lesson, give you a lock for your locker to store your personal items and send you back to put everything away and come back to the front to meet your surf instructor and to get geared up with your rashguard (surf shirt).
Your instructor will then explain that everyone is going to head to the beach and show you the proper way to carry your surfboard. Once you get to the beach your instructor will begin with a 20 minute basic introduction to surfing focusing on safety, surfing etiquette and then explain the 1, 2, 3 step popup process. He will then help you practice this pop up technique while still on the sand until he feels you are comfortable and ready to head into the water and put everything you just learned to use.
Your instructor will be with you the entire time in the water providing positive feedback and instruction to help you improve your surfing skill level. After about 1 hour and 40 minutes in the water, it will be time to return to the shop, shower off and check out some of your surfing pictures that are available for purchase if you would like. After you take a lesson with us we offer a special discount (50% off) all board rentals for the rest of your vacation! Pura Vida!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 10 are Required to Book a Semi-Private or Private Lesson for safety reasons and to ensure a more one-on-one attention
- Note: Please contact the phone number on your voucher to advise your chosen lesson time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Semi private lessons are for two or three people travelling together
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.