- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This all day tour introduces travelers to one of Costa Rica’s most incredible sights – the enchanting, blue-hued Río Celeste. The river’s color is the result of the chemical mixture of sulfur and carbonate, which originate in the nearby Tenorio Volcano. Seeing this sky-blue river flow through a dense rainforest is an undeniably amazing experience.
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Rio Celeste
Playa Hermosa: Villa sol, Hermosa Height, condovac la costa, Occidental papagayo, Mangroove hotel, Secret papagayo etc...
Playa coco: Coco beach, breeze residence, coco palms, villas nacazcolo, pacifico condominium any other hotel / private house around
Playa tamarindo: Hotel Diria, Jardin del eden, Esplendor hote, Cala luna Hotel, pasatiempo hotel and ny other hotel / private house around.
Jw Marriott Guanacaste
Playa flamingo & Potrero Beach: Flamingo beach Resort, Flamingo paradise, Westin conchal and any other hotel / private house around
This is a typical itinerary for this product
While on this tour, you’ll hike through both primary and secondary rainforest in the Tenorio Volcano National Park. Enjoy the trails while searching for monkeys, sloths, tropical birds and more. As the hike continues, you’ll soon arrive along the banks of the Río Celeste. Have your camera ready, because you’re going to want it! The trail winds along the banks of the river, taking you upstream as you hike. The further upriver you travel, the deeper the color of blue in the water. You’ll eventually reach the point where this color is generated – the confluence of the Buena Vista and Roble rivers.
As the hike continues, you’ll soon arrive at an impressive waterfall – a wonderful place to take pictures . Once the hike is completed, you’ll be rewarded with a delicious meal.
This hike is recommended for people in good physical condition. Although it is not physically grueling, it does require solid health and stamina. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring a camera, and insect repellent
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Rio Celeste, Tenorio Volcano National Park, Province of Guanacaste
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- You MUST confirm and obtain any copy visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.