- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
National Park Is Closed On Mondays
Transportation, guide, National Park entrance fees, lunch, beverages, snacks, fruits.
What to Bring:
Comfortable walking shoes and clothes, sunscreen, bug repellent, bathing suit underneath your clothes, clean change of clothes for the ride back.
Easy to Moderate
Departure: 6:15 am
Return: Approximately 5:00 pm
Drive Time: 2hrs
- Private Transportation, National Park Entrance Fee
- Free Wifi & A/C Onboard, Bilingual Chauffeur / Guide, Beverages, Snacks, Insured Vehicle
- Lunch - Typical Costa Rican
Traveler pickup is offered
Included all Airbnb, Homeaway, VRBO, and other rental homes in Playa Grande, Tamarindo, Conchal and Brasilito Area.
- Pick up from RIU HOTEL has an extra fee of $20 per person.
- Pick up from JW MARRIOTT HOTEL has an extra fee of $20 per person.
- Pick up from Flamingo, Potrero, Las Catalinas has an extra fee of $10 per person.
A full-day experience exploring the flora, fauna and natural wonders of Rincón de la Vieja Volcano National Park. A moderate 2.5-hour hike where you will see wildlife and volcanic activity, have a visit to Oropendola Waterfall where you can swim in the blue lagoon, eat a typical Costa Rican lunch, and relax hot springs and enjoy a volcanic mud bath.
Our first activity, the hike, will be in the Pailas Sector of the Volcano. Your guide will help you spot wildlife, explain the volcanic activity that can be seen throughout the hike such as bubbling mud pots & fumaroles. We will explain the area's history and many interesting facts about the local flora and fauna. After the hike, we will take a short walk to Oropendola Waterfall just outside of the park. Here, you can jump in and take a refreshing swim in the blue lagoon below the waterfall. Then, we head over to eat the best typical Costa Rican lunch with fresh fruits, juice, and dessert. We will end the day at the natural hot springs of Rio Negro, this is naturally heated. Here you can relax and do a soothing volcanic mud bath while we spoil you with your favorite drink. Please keep in mind the National Park is closed on Mondays.
• Playa Grande Shuttle & Tours, Playa Grande Costa Rica
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under due to the amount of walking or people with bad knees.
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.