- 90 to 120 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
• 1 person in a group lesson with other participants.
• Minimum 2 people to run class and max 4 people with one instructor.
• Best for complete beginner surfers on a budget.
• Not for children under 12 years old.
• 1- 4 people with one instructor.
• Personalized instruction with one instructor just for your group.
• 1 instructor can teach up to 4 students. Flexible attendance...same price for 1 up to 4, in case people drop out or want to join on a whim.
• Best for people who appreciate a custom experience, tailored to your level of surfing.
• For families with children under 12 years old, who are not permitted to participate in a regular group lesson for safety reasons.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for private lessons
- Experienced instructor
- Appropriate beginner surfboard & rashguard for sun and rash protection
- Snacks and selected drinks are available for purchase at the surf shop.
- Beers available to purchase at the surf shop
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for group lessons (unless otherwise agreed)
Meeting point is Frijoles Locos Surf Shop in Playa Grande (unless otherwise agreed upon).
Hotel/vacation home pick up and drop off within Playa Grande included in private lessons.
Always reach out to Frijoles Locos to determine best time for surf lessons via email@example.com. Playa Grande is very tide-dependent and our lesson schedule is dictated by the tides.
Playa Grande is very tide dependent and our surf lesson schedule is dictated by the tides. It is always necessary to contact Frijoles Locos Surf Shop upfront to verify best times on any given day. We consider the changing tides, choose the appropriate times for learning each day anew and pick the safest location to assure the best conditions for our surf lesson clients.
Meeting point is our wonderful surf shop in Playa Grande (we provide driving directions from many locations in Guanacaste) or pick you up from your hotel/vacation home in Playa Grande for private lessons. Surf lesson duration is 90 minutes (or you have the option to extend to a 2 hr lesson) and included are appropriate beginner boards, rash-guard for sun and rash protection and the surf instructor. We take our surf lessons down to the south end of Playa Grande, the main reasons being -the waves are smaller and great for learning and it is less crowded in the water and on the beach (less collisions and less chances to get hurt). After your surf session, you are welcome to rinse off in our warm water outdoor shower and use our changing rooms at the shop.
We have a filtered water refill station at Frijoles Locos and encourage you to bring your own refillable bottle to do your part for the environment. Other drinks, such as Gatorade, ice tea, fruit juices and fresh coconuts as well as a healthy granola bar snack are available for purchase at the surf shop.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Times are dictated by the tides. Always reach out to Frijoles Locos to check best time for lesson on your preferred day!
- A minimum of 2 people required for group lessons (or individual is willing to pay for 2).
- 1 surf instructor can teach up to 4 students.
- 2 surf instructors can teach up to 8 students.
- 3 surf instructors can teach up to 12 students.
- Heights/weights of participants is helpful to choose the right equipment.
- Children under 12 are not permitted to participate in group lesson due to safety reasons.
- Minimum age is 3 years and there is no maximum age ;)
- Same pricing applies to all travelers
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather (thunder & lightning), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Cancellation policy: All cancellations within 24 hours of scheduled activity will incur a full penalty fee
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.