- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the natural splendor of the Rincon de Vieja on this 9-hour excursion from Tamarindo. Depart for the rain forest flanking Rincon de la Vieja volcano, where you you’ll find a rushing turquoise river, towering waterfalls, natural mineral springs, and melodious birds. In the morning, take a guided hike along the river for a swim in the pool beneath the waterfall. After lunch, indulge in a dip in four different hot springs pools, including one with a bullet water slide, before returning to your hotel at the end of the day.
- Family friendly
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fixed lunch
- All activities
- Bilingual guide - English and Spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Welcome cocktail
- Locker & change-room
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase at Tiki Bar & Restaurant)
- Food and beverages, beyond what is included
- Spa Treatments
- Sun block, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
Your hotel in Tamarindo
Returns to original departure point
At 7am, you'll be picked from your Tamarindo hotel by a bilingual guide for transportation to a lush rain forest only found on the north side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano. On arrival at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs, enjoy a welcome cocktail at the Spa and change clothing in preparation for your first adventure.
Depart for a short drive to the private, Blue River Park for dips in the Grand Waterfall. Then, hike along forest trails and along creeks and cascading waterfalls with opportunities for dips into mineral pools. Be amazed by the beauty, the tropical rainforest, and colorful birds. Then, descend toward the incomparable blue river, Rio Pénjamo.
When hunger strikes, stop for lunch at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs before choosing from a selection of wonderful activities during free time. Options include: swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 4 of them, unique large natural mineral "green" hot springs; and, 1 fresh water pool with a bullet water slide; walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caimon Lake and Bird Lake; experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho; take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens; or, see the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees Centigrade.
At around 4pm, your tour returns to your Tamarindo or La Cruz accommodation.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Bring comfortable clothing, insect repellent & hiking shoes (for the tour), bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket & extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (along paths created in forest and down dirt stairs)
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.