- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
One of the top ten things to do in Puerto Plata. Whether you choose to hike, slide, swim and jump your way down all 27 waterfalls or choose to only go to the Midway 12 of the 27 the Waterfalls of Damajagua, these adventures will undoubtedly be the highlight of any visit to the north coast and they are definitely the Dominican Republic’s finest excursions for adventure seekers! Tour operates from Cabarete, Sosua and Puerto Plata. NO pick up from Punta Cana, Bavaro, Santo Domingo, Santiago, Samana, Las Terrenas.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch including local rum drinks
- Entry/Admission - 27 Charcos
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Pick up from Bavaro, Punta Cana, Santo Domingo or Santiago not available
Tour departs from Cabarete, Sosua and Puerto Plata hotels
Returns to original departure point
Wednesday and Saturday
From your Cabarete, Sosua or Puerto Plata hotel, you will be picked up by your friendly guide who will accompany you throughout the tour. During the ride you will receive some local information of interest and a short safety briefing.
On arrival at the 27 Falls of Damajagua Park you will leave the transport where you can leave a bag with your valuables, towel, dry clothes and flip flops for after the tour. Your guide will introduce you to the local waterfall guides who will be looking after you and you’ll be issued with a life jacket, helmet and a bottle of water for the hike up. If you want to take photos or video on the tour please only bring waterproof cameras. From this point on everything will get wet!
A moderate 40 minute uphill hike through a beautiful jungle landscape gets you to the 12th waterfall or, if you are in excellent physical shape, choose to hike all the way to the top of the 27 waterfalls (approximately 70 minutes) and experience it all. Either way, your real fun begins as we head back down-river and you jump, slide and swim your way through a series of spectacular waterfalls, canyons and azure pools, emerging with a silly grin on your face and incredible memories to cherish! The tours include jumps of up to 25 feet (8 meters) but don't worry, the big ones have another way down if you don't want to jump.
After a 15-minute walk back to base camp and changing into your dry clothes, enjoy a delicious and varied Dominican buffet lunch, which includes things like barbecued chicken and pork, stews, rice, pasta and salads. Local rum drinks, sodas and water are included (beer is available but not included). After the meal, say goodbye to the local guides and board the transport for the ride back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children 8-16 must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, guests must provide hotel information
- It is recommended that you bring water, an old pair of running shoes, swimwear and a towel
- Not recommended for participants with back and knee problems
- Pregnant women are not allowed on either tour
- A moderate amount of hiking is involved to the 12 falls
- A more challenging amount of hiking is involved to the 27 falls
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.