- 3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Perfect for runners looking for a slightly shorter Caribbean experience. The terrain varies from forest, jungle, swamps and road. Steep climbs and descents can be quite technical depending on weather conditions. The trail can be quite muddy and slippery at times. The course is a complete loop, a motorcycle taxi will be provided to return to Punta Popy. The run will be followed by a complete breakfast.
This Running Tour is designed for people that are well trained so spect to run an average of 3hours on trail.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Since The temperature might rice a lot by noon we recommend to start at 7:00am so we go to your place and pick you up. Then we all go to the starting point at Punta Popy. The course begin running on a paved road with almost no traffic and we will stop by a local neighborhood. After a 1km we go in to a really nice trail where once a year a mountain bike race take place. The trail is surrounded by lots of trees so don´t be surprised if your guide handle you a mango or a chinola, There are no rivers to cross but you might find lots of mud on raining season. The route has short but very steep hills and a little technical downhills. . This is a lonely area but sometimes you will get to see a farmers working on their lost Jonucos (small harvest fields) of Yuca, Bananas, Papaya, Avocados. etc. We will cross a caliche mine at the half of the way. The run finish in the next town named La Barbacoa where we are taking a beverage in a local colmado (local grocery store) where we will wait for the guagua (local bus) to go back to Punta Popy.
At the end we will enjoy a full breakfast
• Starting Point: Punta Popy
• Humidity: 80-100%
• Average temperature: 20-35ºC
• Terrain: Dirt road, single track, double track and road.
• Minimum estimated run time: 2 hours
• Level: Intermediate to advanced
All Tours Include:
– Local Pick Up
– Professional Guide
– First Aid Kit
– Water & Sports Drink
– Hammer Bar or similar
– Fresh coconut water at the end of the run
– GuaGua (local bus)
– Full Breakfast (extra drinks not included)
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.