- 8 to 10 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Depart from Quito on your 8 hour private tour to Mindo; a lush green valley located just 2 hours away. It is here that two of the most biologically diverse ecoregions in the world meet. Due to these unique characteristics, Mindo is a true paradise for nature lovers and birdwatchers. It is home to hundreds species of birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, bromeliads and orchids. During this tour you will visit the Butterfly Farm and Chocolate Factory. You will also have two additional options to choose from for the last activity such as Mindo Canopy, a small hike in the Cloud Forest, or a visit to an Orchid Farm.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to centrally located hotels in Quito
- Professional bilingual Guide
- Bottle of purified water
- Entrance fee Butterfly Farm $7,50 per person, Chocolate Factory Tour $10 per person, Mindo Canopy $15 per person, Orchid Farm $6. (Subject to change without prior notice)
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pick-off and drop-off outside of the city. The extra cost can range from $30 till $70 depending on the number of passengers and location
- Entry/Admission - Mariposas de Mindo - Butterfly Garden
Traveler pickup is offered
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point. Other drop-off points may have an extra charge.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mindo Nambillo Cloud Forest Reserve, Mindo, Pichincha Province
ubicado a dos horas de la ciudad de Quito se encuentra el precioso bosque nublado de Mindo, refugio de una gran diverisidad de coloridas aves , mamiferos, y un gran numero de animales, lugar magico donde disfrutaremos de caminatas paisajes e interesantes visitas.
located two hours from the city of Quito is the beautiful cloud forest of Mindo, refuge of a great diverism of colorful birds, mammals, and a large number of animals, magical place where we will enjoy hiking landscapes and interesting visits
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Mariposas de Mindo - Butterfly Garden, Mindo, Pichincha Province
un hermosos lugar para ver diferentes tipos de mariposas de bosque nublado
a beautiful place to see different types of cloudy forest butterflies
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Rio Bravo Reserve, Mindo, Pichincha Province
pasaremos muy cerca a la reserva de rio Bravo aunque no esta en la visita programada
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Recommended minimum age is 12 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- The amount of walking depends on the chosen activities
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, weather may vary please dress appropriately
- You are allowed to bring your own food and drinks. We can recommend you a good place to have lunch
- At the time of booking, please inform the name of your hotel, or the name of the hotel near your location
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Our guide, David, was excellent. He was right on time, had water in his immaculate car, and was so knowledgeable! He customized this trip just for us, including taking us to a locals restaurant that was less expensive than the more touristy option - and SO good! He was just such a nice guy, and did everything he could to ensure we had a great day.
Important info, dont know if you have to re-confirm the day before? Viator and there client re-contact confirmation not clear!, but we did and the hotel confirmed pick up time was same all ok. The owner driver, was a really nice, interesting guy, nothing was to much trouble. Car was a decent size for only X2 people, he was not pushy, with past experience on tours, trying to get to pay upfront or overcharged!!! He asked what we wanted to do on the day tour and told us were to pay, appreciated this touch. We asked for the Zip line's, Choclate factory tour and the butterfly visit. We paid a fair price for private vehicle and driver included knew the entrance fee's were seperate. Could we have found this cheaper possible!!! thou in my extensive travel experience, could have spent far to much on our holidays searching.. The price for zip line's was fantastic, 3 options to chose from. Basic 1 line, 2 line's and max 7 zip line's and we chose the 2 line's middle option for 14 p/p WOW, same thing in US would have cost us in excess of 100 p/p!!!! The 2nd item we picked was the choclate tour ok, 20 p/p entrance fee and limited tour was ok, I would have given this part 6/10 as mentioned ok, thou not wow. worth a visit thou compered to 1st part zip line's found a little expensive for 2 people being 40 for limited factory tour and tasting experience On the last 3rd option we picked for the butterfly visit, very enjoyable, shame about the rain in early afternoon, hey no one's falt. We were offered @ that time to have lunch, which was fair price and excellent choice and standard. The guide/driver tried his best to get us the entrance costs on this part for free, because we were eating @ there resturant. He advised the staff. Got charged meal and entrance fee's, he still insisted that they remove the entrance costs being 14-15 USD p/p. Again he didint need to ask or offer this for us and thought this was a special touch. We paid for his meal and drink. The driver/guide dont know who he worked for? guessed he was freelance owner driver supplied Name was Hanibal OMG. different. Hanibal was not at all pushy with visit time or @ any time in the day, tried to rush us, from one to the next. He didnt ask for any money upfront. Really nice guy, a credit to the business and would hope other's get this gent. Only wish we had of stayed over night, to enjoy the small town in the Mindo Cloud Forest, shame we didint have enought time. Would give it 5 Star, just thought the choclate tour was over priced. Many Thanks Again. Lee UK