- 2 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
37 km from Puerto Lopez, Isla de la Plata is a small island of just 8 square kilometers. Its name comes from the legend that the English explorer Sir Francis Drake buried a chestful of silver here in the sixteenth century – never discovered, of course. Today, the island’s fame derives from its large population of marine birds, and beautiful cliffs. Commonly known to Ecuadorians and visitors as Poor man’s Galapagos, because of its resemblance with the Enchanted Islands and how close it is to mainland Ecuador. But this hackneyed phrase doesn’t do the island justice; it’s the only place in Ecuador –including the Galapagos – where blue-footed, red-footed and masked boobies are living together, as well as sea lions. Visits usually include snorkeling, which provides a glimpse of a fabulous array of colorful fish. You might also spot dolphins and manta rays on the boat ride. As for whale watching, you’ll have the chance to see them if between the months of June and September.
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Accommodation 1 night in a double room with private bathroom at La Terraza
- Professional bilingual guide
- Private transportation from and to your hotel in Guayaquil or airport
- Activities as described
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Additional food or beverages
- Optional tips for guide
Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel or Guayaquil Airport
Day 1: GUAYAQUIL – PUERTO LOPEZ
Stop At: Puerto Lopez
Pick up at the airport or hotel in Guayaquil at 9 AM and arrival at Puerto Lopez around 12 PM. In Puerto Lopez, you will have free time to explore the city and the beautiful beach.
Duration: 6 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Accommodation in Terraza Hotel or similar
Day 2: ISLA DE LA PLATA
Stop At: Isla de la Plata, Machalilla National Park, Manabi Province
After a good breakfast, you will leave around 9 AM to Isla de la Plata. It is about 1.5 hour by boat from Puerto Lopez. At Isla de la Plata you will have the chance to go snorkeling, see the Blue Footed boobies, turtles and tropical fish. During lunchtime, you can enjoy the lunch box that you are getting from the hotel. At the end of the day, you will drive back to Guayaquil where you arrive around 7.30 PM. You can be dropped off at the airport or at your hotel in Guayaquil.
*If you travel within the months of June – September there is a high chance to spot Humpback Whales
Duration: 6 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Important things to bring: appropriate shoes or boots, water, sun block, sunglasses, pocket money and passport.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Where is the pick-up on Day 1 (either your hotel or GYE Airport)
- Arrival and departure information of international flights
- Room type (twin, matrimonial) or triple (in case of a group with 3 or more guests)
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- For all guests:
- Food restrictions
- Medical restrictions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.