- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
If you are visiting El Salvador, one of the things you can't miss is to hike up the highest volcano in the country.
Ilamatepec volcano or more popularly known as Santa Ana Volcano is an active volcano located on the western side of El Salvador.
Enjoy an intermediate hike level surrounded by nature, amazing views of Coatepeque lake, Izalco volcano, and the ocean.
On top of the volcano, you will find a beautiful green bubbling lagune waiting for you.
A nice van with a/c and a professional driver is included in the tour.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Hotel/hostel pickup and drop-off
- Bilingual tour guide included
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up available from any hotel/hostel near El Tunco area or San Salvador.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tunco Life, Calle principal Playa El Tunco, El Tunco 0000 El Salvador
Most of the time we start our tours in our office located in El Tunco beach, however, if you are not in the area, free pick up is available in La Libertad area or in San Salvador city.
Pass By: Izalco Volcano, Santa Ana El Salvador
Amazing view of Izalco Volcano
Pass By: Lake Coatepeque, Coatepeque El Salvador
Nice view of Coatepeque from the road on the way up to Santa Ana Volcano
Pass By: National Park Cerro Verde, Santa Ana El Salvador
We start the hike at the National Park Cerro Verde where we can enjoy beautiful gardens, views of Izalco Volcano, Sonsonate town and the ocean.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.