- 2 days (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The journey begins in Antigua at La Soledad village where the trek begins at Acatenango volcano. It is one of the most beautiful activities you have to do when visiting Guatemala, of course you have to have the proper physical condition to do so.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Hot drinks (chocolate)
- Sleeping bag, tent and mattress
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide and round trip transportation.
- Meals: (Lunch: Sandwich) (Diner: instant soup) (Breakfast: oatmeal, cornflakes and banana)
- Entrance fees (GTQ. 50.00 per person)
Your hotel in Antigua
Returns to original departure point
Volcano Acatenango is the sleeping giant that is the twin one of the most active volcano in Guatemala.
Acatenango is the third highest volcano in all of Central America and is a real adventure to hike on the top and observe the sunset and the sunrise. Sleeping overnight in the base camp of the volcano will be an unique experience in your life. Its highest summit is 3,976 meters (13,044 ft!)
7:00am shuttle from Antigua to La Soledad village (The tour guide goes to pick you up at your hotel).
08:00 arrival at the Soledad village
10:00 Begins the hike for about 5hrs. (aprox)
3:00 pm arrival time at the base camp
Time to see sunset
4:00am time to see sunrise (short hike for 1 hour from the base camp to the top to see the sunrise).
07:00am return to the base camp for breakfast.
8:30am Descend to the village
11:30am arrival time at the village
Trasfer to Antigua
12:30pm arrival time to Antigua
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Bring: comfortable clothes, scarf, jacket or rain coat, gloves, hat or cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, repellent,head lamp and personal aid kit
- Bring: Candy bar and 4 liters of water
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.