- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Departing from Guatemala City to Chichicastenango Maya Market early in the morning, you will witness ancient Indian rituals at the Santo Tomas Church.
You will also enjoy the picturesque outdoor market where locals from the region gather to buy and sell fruits, vegetables, flowers, grains, animals, textiles and handicrafts.
Then get ready to enjoy a panoramic views at the beautiful Lake Atitlan in the Western Highlands Region.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
- Professional bilingual guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Optional gratuities
Most of the hotels of Guatemala City if you are staying in an apartment or a room, we will ask you to move to the nearest hotel that we indicate
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Most of the Hotels in Guatemala City
Thursday and Sunday
You will be picked up from your hotel in Guatemala City.
We will take road to The Western Highlands, the region of Guatemala that most travelers think about when daydreaming about a trip to this country.
The region is home to quaint and colorful mountain villages, highland lakes, pine forests and the majority of Guatemala’s indigenous peoples.
Arriving at Chichicastenango Market we will begin our walking tour inside the market.
It is the center of the town and heart of commercial life for “maxeños” (name given to the natives of Chichicastenango, derivative from Max that means Tomás in Quiché language).
The merchants go down every Thursday and Sunday to the central plaza to sell their products in this impressive indigenous market that has changed very little throughout the centuries. Explore the pathways of the market and view the colorful handicrafts and produce offered by the local people of the region.
In Chichicastenango, we will also visit Santo Tomás Church, built in 1540 over the base of an archaeological pre-hispanic temple. This church is a splendid example of colonial architecture, as the Mayan and Latino influence is mixed throughout both the interior and exterior of the building.
After exploring the market you will enjoy a delicious lunch (included if option selected).
Then, continue to the town of Panajachel, which sits on Lake Atitlan. Visit Santander Street and enjoy a spectacular view of Lake Atitlan, considered one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
Three spectacular volcanoes, Tolimán, Atitlán and San Pedro form the natural frame of the lake itself. It has a surface of 125 square kilometers and sits 1,560 meters above sea level.
In the afternoon, enjoy a relaxing return transfer back to Guatemala City.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact the local provider to arrange.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required (if you select option with lunch included)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.