- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Depart from Antigua early in the morning to Chichicastenango Maya market, and witness ancient Indian rituals at the Santo Tomas Church and enjoy the picturesque outdoor market where locals from the region gather to buy and sell fruits, vegetables, flowers, grains, animals, textiles and handicrafts.
Then, enjoy views at the beautiful Lake Atitlan in the Western highlands region.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Meals (you can add lunch optional)
Traveler pickup is offered
These are our pick up points for our excursion. Please select your pick up point and be 15 minutes prior the starting time.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Original departure point
Thursday and Sunday
In Chichicastenango, you will also visit Santo Tomás Church, built in 1540 over the base of an archaeological pre-hispanic temple.
This church is a splendid example of colonial architecture as the Mayan and Latino influence is mixed throughout both the interior and exterior of the building.
After exploring the market and Santo Tomás Church, you will enjoy a delicious lunch (included if option selected).
Then, continue to the town of Panajachel, which sits on Lake Atitlan. Visit Santander Street and enjoy a spectacular view of Lake Atitlan, considered one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
Three spectacular volcanoes, Tolimán, Atitlán and San Pedro form the natural frame of the lake itself. It has a surface of 125 square kilometers and sits 1,560 meters above sea level.
In the afternoon, enjoy a relaxing return transfer back to Antigua city.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
The tour was well organised and our guide very friendly and competent. The only thing is i wish we'd spent more time at the lake, where we only had a 20 minutes walk vs. around 3 hours in Chichicastenango.
If you want to spend time at the lake, see the villages and enjoy spending a bit of time on the water, you should NOT take this tour. The tour guide was nice and the ride was clean and safe. However, we only spent about 30 minutes in Panajachel, which was very disappointing. We did not see anything else at the lake. The lake portion of the tour was basically walking to see the lake and that was it. We spent way more time at the Chicicastenango market.