- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy the colonial architecture of La Antigua Guatemala, while walking on cobblestone streets, you'll learn more about this city and its history, and will appreciate the wonderful landscapes surrounding the Central Park and their colonial enviroment.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Hotel pickup included
- Fully narrated tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (coordinate with the local provider)
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
These are our pick up points for our excursion. Please select your pick up point and be 15 minutes prior the starting time.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
You will be picked up at your hotel and transfer to Antigua Guatemala center to meet our local guide to begin your soft walking of approximately 3 hours below a brief summary of what to expect on your way.
Antigua Guatemala, Once the third largest city in all of Spanish Colonial America and for 200 years the capital of Guatemala, it is today a peaceful, beautiful and partially restored colonial city. Cobblestone streets wind through the city of majestic churches and monasteries.
Stop At: Iglesia de La Merced, Antigua Guatemala
La Merced Church of Guatemalan Ultrabaroque style, this temple has two bell towers. On the facade of the church, in its upper part is a sculpture of San Pedro Nolasco, founder of the Mercedarian Order.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Arco de Santa Catalina, Avenida Norte 5a, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Santa Catalina Arch, built to connect the nuns between cloisters to avoid being seen due to the votes that the religious who belonged to that Order took, After the earthquakes of 1773, the arch became important due to the arrangements that were made. These arrangements included the construction of a turret and the inclusion of a Lamy Amp Lacroix watch of French origin.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Plaza Central Park, Plaza Mayor City Center, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Central Park surrounded by the traditional grid pattern used frequently in urban planning in the Spanish colonies. The park is surrounded by the Palace of the General Captains, the Town Hall, the Cathedral of San Jose and the Trade Portal.
Here in the park, we will also find the Las Sirenas fountain. This fountain has a traditional oral where the Count of La Gomera ordered to build the fountain in memory of his daughters, who in giving birth did not want to breastfeed their children for what the count ordered To tie his daughters to a trunk in the center of a waterhole, where they died of thirst and hunger.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Tanque de la Union, Calle oriente 6a, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
La Union tank is one of the most representative laundries in this city, only the big houses had a place where they could be washed. For this reason, most of the inhabitants - housewives - went to public laundries. This was inaugurated on February 3, 1853.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Gray Line, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
At the end of the tour you’ll be transferred back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please Note: During holy week ( April 17 – 21, 2019) we do not pick up on hotels, you will be request to move to our meeting point where we will pick up you. Please be ready on the meeting 15 minutes prior the start time of the tour. Our meeting points are: Casa Santo Domingo Hotel or Soleir Hotel
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.