- 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Get buzzed and brewed on this caffeine-fueled coffee adventure! You will be heading beyond the city to explore local coffee plantations and learn the history of the bean in Guatemala. The tour will finish it off with a tasty stroll through a local market.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Local English-speaking guide
- Pound of coffee to take home
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
5a Avenida Norte, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Central Park, 4 Avenida Sur, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Coffee isn’t just a drink in Guatemala — it’s a way of life! Since coffee was first introduced to Guatemala in the 18th century, it has rapidly grown to become the country’s main export, as well as a big part of local traditions. On this Antigua Guatemala tour, you’re going to dig into the history of the bean and get a full hands-on coffee culture experience.
Your Antigua Guatemala tour will start with a short bus ride to the town of San Miguel Escobar, where you’ll meet with a representative of the Farmers Cooperative. From that point on, you’ll be diving into Guatemalan coffee culture, learning about the whole process from bean to brew, as well as the history of coffee in this corner of the globe. You’ll explore coffee plantations and learn about the different varieties of plants being farmed in the region. You may even get your own hands dirty, helping to plant coffee seedlings or harvesting the beans. You’ll also visit the home of a local coffee farmer and sip a cup of homemade brew with the family.
From there, you’ll take a bus back to Antigua, where you’ll get dropped off at the local market. You’ll wander through the market and visit some of the many fresh fruit and vegetable stands, so you can sample a variety of local produce. You’ll then head to the tasty “comedores” section of the market (food stands) and try some of the most popular regional dishes of Guatemala.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note that summer months can be hot and humid. Please dress accordingly for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Small-group tour of maximum 12 people
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.