- 6 to 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Active, easy and fun for the whole family, Volcan Pacaya is the little volcano that just keeps on giving.
- Bilingual professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle to and from Antigua
- Lunch on the volcano
- Free rental of all gear (backpacks,warm clothes etc)
- Bottled water
OX Expeditions office
8:00AM or 2:00 PM
Elevation: 8,370ft. / 2,552m
Duration: 6-7 hours
Still the most fun active volcano in Guatemala. Join in this tour to experience an active volcano still with hot-spots, cooled lava chambers and a broken peak from the big eruption of 2010. Just recently Pacaya has become more active again, so if you’re lucky you might get to see some fresh lava (from a safe distance!). You will also get to toast some marshmallows on the recently cooled lava! A great half day trip.
Recent activity has left marks on this ever growing volcano. Surprise eruptions that burst lava flows from the already cracked crater continue to change the landscape and keep this little volcano exciting. February 2014 and March 2014 saw flowing lava churning down its slopes. But from day to day there is plenty of energy churning just below the surface.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.