- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Learn how to make your own chocolate on a 2-hour workshop at the ChocoMuseo in Antigua. This is a hands-on activity, starting from the cocoa tree to the finished product passing by every step of the whole chocolate-making process. You will also discover the history of cocoa and the reasons why Guatemala is so important in the history of chocolate.
- Chocolate drinks tasting
- All materials to make your own chocolates
- 120gr of your handmade chocolate
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
ChocoMuseo in La Fuente
From Monday to Sunday
Learn how to make your very own chocolate during this interactive tour of the museum and the chocolate workshop. A professional guide will explain to you how to make chocolate from the bean to the bar. Understand the history behind the famous cocoa beans and how Guatemala was involved since the very beginning of chocolate history.
During the workshop, you will learn the different steps of the chocolate making process and participate to 4 of them: roasting the cocoa beans, removing cocoa husk, grinding the cocoa nibs on a metate with a mano, and refining the cocoa paste in a melangeur.
Finally, you will prepare and savor delicious hot chocolates as well as creating your own chocolates with your choice of ingredients. You will be able to leave with all of your handmade chocolates unless, of course, you have already eaten them.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive at ChocoMuseo at least 5 minutes before the scheduled workshop
- Please note that you will be able to leave with your chocolates around 45 minutes after the end of the workshop
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.