- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Pacaya Volcano is situated between Guatemala and Escuintla departments. It has a height of 2552m/8370f. Pacaya it's continuously emitting smoke from its summit and dried lava field forming the valley. The driver will pick you up in your hotel in Antigua, from there is only one hour by private transport to the slopes of the volcano. As the group move up you will appreciate beautiful landscapes and unparalleled view of the nearby volcanoes: Agua, Fuego and Acatenango. You will have the opportunity to explore hot-spots on the lava rocks, where you can roast marshmallows. Before to begin the hike down, you will come across the dried lava fields. The descent is easier and faster.
- Round-trip private transfer (Antigua-Pacaya-Antigua)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Local taxes
- Box Lunch for full board option (Sandwich Vegetarian or Ham, cookies, Lúa chips and a bottle of pure or (agua de jamaica) hibiscus flowers water)
- A bottle of pure water and a power bar for basic package option
- Local bilingual guide
- Bottled water
- Personal expenses
- Extra meals and drinks (in the Basic package option)
- Stick (available to purchase with people of the nearby comunities for Q5.00 each)
We usually pick you up at your hotel in Antigua, but sometimes due closed streets, blockages or unforeseen events this is not possible. We will inform you in advance if you have to move to other point close to your location for the pick up.
Always send us your hotel name or home address to coordinate the pick up.
7am, 8am, 10am, 1pm and 2pm from Monday to Sunday
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
We usually drop off you to your hotel but sometimes due activities of the town, bad condition of the streets or closing of the same by order of the municipality, our driver will transport you as close as possible to your hotel.
Pacaya is one of the most accessible active volcano walks that you can experience in the country. The tour starts with a pick up and transfer from any centrally located hotel in Antigua. After one hour ride you will arrive at the entrance of the National Park where you have time to go to the bathroom, prepare your self to climb and buy water in the local tiendas (if you need). This tour can be walking or in a horse
(horse is not included).
After walking along the trails of the volcanic sand with great views, you will reach the plateau from which you can see the main crater of the volcano. For safety reasons is not possible to visit it, but you will see some steam emanations produced by the heat of the volcano. Come across the dried lava fields to roast your marshmallows. If your package includes box lunch, you will go to another area to delight it. When you finish is time to start to descend and take your private bus back to Antigua.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (Children from 10 years up)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required (Only for Full board and Local guide options, no applies for the basic package option)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (Only for Full board and Local guide options, no applies for the basic package option)
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.