- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
You'll enjoy a 3-hour tour exploring the colonial city of Antigua Guatemala! Your guide will show you important, historical and wonderful places that mean a lot to the history of the city and the daily life of the people. At one of the declared UNESCO World Heritage Site, you will visit the landscapes, the architecture, while walking on cobblestone streets.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (coordinate with local provider)
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
These are our pick up points for our excursion. Please select your pick up point and be 15 minutes prior the starting time.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line Guatemala, Guatemala City 0011 Guatemala
Antigua Guatemala, once the third largest city in all of Spanish Colonial America and for 200 years the capital of Guatemala, it is today a peaceful, beautiful and partially restored colonial city. Cobblestone streets wind through the city of majestic churches and monasteries.
You will be picked up at your hotel and transfer to Antigua Guatemala center to meet our local guide, to start our tour full of history and many curious facts about this city stopped in time.
Stop At: Iglesia de La Merced, Antigua Guatemala
La Merced Church is designed with Guatemalan Ultrabaroque style and has two bell towers and a sculpture of San Pedro Nolasco on the upper part of the facade, whom is the founder of the Mercedarian Order. Mercedarian Order.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Arco de Santa Catalina, Avenida Norte 5a, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Santa Catalina Arch was built to connect the nuns between cloisters to avoid being seen due to the votes that the religious who belonged to that Order took, When the earthquakes of 1773 occur, the arch became important due to the arrangements that were made. These arrangements included the construction of a turret and the inclusion of a Lamy Amp Lacroix watch of French origin.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Plaza Central Park, Plaza Mayor City Center, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
Central Park is surrounded by the Palace of the General Captains, the Town Hall, the Cathedral of San Jose and the Trade Portal, which are some of the most important buildings for the history of the city, stand out their architecture style also. Besides, you'll find the Las Sirenas fountain, which was built with a tragic oral tradition.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Tanque de la Union, Calle oriente 6a, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
We visit the La Unión tank, which is one of the most representative laundries in this city, only the big houses had a place where they could be washed. For this reason, most of the inhabitants - housewives - went to public laundries.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Gray Line, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
At the end of the tour you’ll be transferred back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please Note: During holy week ( April 17 – 21, 2019) we do not pick up on hotels, you will be request to move to our meeting point where we will pick up you. Please be ready on the meeting 15 minutes prior the start time of the tour. Our meeting points are: Casa Santo Domingo Hotel and Soleil Hotel.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange.
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.