- 12 to 14 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Uncover the beautiful Mayan towns around Lake Atitlan, the most magnificent spectacle ever saw. With indigenousn women in multicolored outfits, fishermen in rustic crafts and the beauty of the three surrounding volcanos:
San Pedro, Toliman & Atitlan. During the tour the first stop is at
San Antonio Palopo, a nice town on the east side of the lake, a blue color town with art of clay (ceramic), looms and more. From there you have a nice view of the volcanos. The second stop is at
Santiago Atitlan, the town more visited for their beautiful Guipil (blouse) and its old catholic church with Mayan and Spanish culture combination. To finalize the last town to visit is
San Juan la Laguna, a unique town with cooperatives of natural dyes, painting's art and medicinal plants.
Other towns available for the tour: Santa Cruz la Laguna, San Marcos la Laguna & San Pedro la Laguna
- Round trip private transportation (Antigua-Panajachel-Antigual)
- Private Boat tour
- Professional local guide
- Local taxes
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks
Centrally located Antigua hotels, please send us name and address to coordinate the pick up
5am, 6am and 7am every day
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
We always drop off you to your hotel but sometimes due activities of the town, bad condition of the streets or closing of the same by order of the municipality, our driver will transport you as close as possible to your hotel.
Complementary hotel pick up and transfer from any centrally located hotel in Antigua. Then enjoy a 3 hours ride until the town of Panajachel. During the transportation you can stop on the way to have breakfast and admire the beautiful landscapes. Stop in the different lookouts and take photos of the lake. At your arrival, meet your bilingual guide and walk to the dock to take the boat and start the adventure.
Towns to visit:
San Antonio Palopo is a small town that has remained fairly unspoiled. At the top a small, gleaming and picturesque church forms the center of the activity. In this town most men and women still wear their beautiful blue hued traditional garments. The town's life centers around it's ceramin and textiles.
Along the walls of
Santiago Atitlan's church are wooden statues of the saints, each one has clothes made by local women. At the front stand three colonial altarpieces. These symbolize the three volcanoes around the lake, which are believed to protect the town.
At the Central Park you will find a stone monument that commemorates Concepción Ramírez, the woman on the back of the 25-cents coin and a basin that contains a relief version fo the lake.
In the center of
San Juan la Laguna, a quaint town onf the west shore of the lake, there are serveral cooperatives: from beekeepers, coffee growers to backstrap loom weavers, who work using natural dyes. Using ancestral techniques, they extract dyes from tree bark, vegetables, coconut shells and so on to paint of colors their products.
You will have time for lunch in one of the towns. At the end of the visit you will return to Panajachel to take the bus back to Antigua.
Other options of towns to visit:
-Santa Cruz la Laguna
- San Juan la Laguna &
- Santiago Atitlan
- San Marcos la Laguna
- San Pedro la Laguna &
- Santiago Atitlan
***Please choose the one of your preference***
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (the meals aren't included but if you have any special requirement we can help you to choose a good restaurant according to your needs)
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- IMPORTANT: If do the weather conditions there is no access to any of the towns listed in the tour, we will suggest you other town options to visit and keep the three towns in your tour
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.