- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Departing from Antigua, visit Lake Atitlan and its surrounding villages, a winning combination of scenic beauty and a relaxed atmosphere, immersed in Mayan culture.
On this full day we will also visit Santiago Atitlan, a small town on the south side of Lake Atitlan, famous for a shrine to Maximón and Textiles.
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Hotel pickup included
- Fully narrated tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Instant Confirmation
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
Your tour will begin with a pick up at your hotel in Antigua. We will take road to The Western Highlands region, home to quaint and colorful mountain villages, highland lakes, pine forests, and the majority of Guatemala’s indigenous people. This is the region most travelers familiar with Guatemala think about when daydreaming of a trip to this beautiful country.
Upon arrival to Panajachel we will take a private boat to cross Lake Atitlan and visit Santiago Atitlan, where you’ll learn of the local Saint "Maximon". Enjoy the vibrant colors and local flavor of this village.
Santiago is the most popular lakeside settlement outside Panajachel, and many atitecos (as its people are known) cling to a traditional Tz’utujil Mayan lifestyle. Women weave and wear huipiles (tunics) embroidered with brilliantly colored birds and flowers, and the cofradías town’s maintain the ceremonies and rituals of tradition, the syncretic traditions and practices of Mayan Catholicism. There’s a large art and crafts scene here as well. Return to Panajachel, you will have time to take a delicious lunch (not included)
Explore the village of Panajachel is a pre-Columbian town of Kakchiquel origin, settled next to the river with the same name and on the lakeside of Atitlán. The town witnessed the final battle between Spaniards and their Kakchiquel allies against the Tzujiles and it also was a settlement point for the Franciscan missionaries who founded a convent nearby.
In the afternoon, you’ll be returned to Antigua.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide (spanish or english)
- Please Note
- During holy week ( April 17 – 21, 2019) we do not pick up on hotels, you will be request to move to our meeting point where we will pick up you. Please be ready on the meeting 15 minutes prior the start time of the tour.
- Our meeting point is:
- Casa Santo Domingo Hotel
- Soleil Hotel
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.