- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This tour is a winning combination of scenic beauty and a relaxed atmosphere, immersed in Mayan culture. You will be pick up in your hotel to start a full day on Atitlán Lake, visiting Santiago Atitlán town by boat, in our tour you will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscape that the lake offers us, enjoy the magnificent view of the volcanoes while you explore Lake Atitlan and feel the cultural experience with the Tzutuhil culture.
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Bilingual guide Spanish and English
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Roundtrip transportation from Antigua Guatemala to Panajachel
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
These are our pick up points for our excursion. Please select your pick up point and be 15 minutes prior the starting time.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point
Monday & Friday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line Guatemala, Guatemala City 0011 Guatemala
Atitlán means "between the waters." In the Nahuatl language, "atl" is the word for water,and "titlan" means between.The "tl" at the end of the word "atl" is dropped and the words are combined to form "Atitlán."
You will be pick up in your hotel to start a full day on Atitlán Lake, visiting Santiago Atitlán town by boat, in our tour you will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscape that the lake offers us.
Stop At: Panajachel, Guatemala
We will go to the west of the country where most of the indigenous villages of Guatemala are concentrated. On the way to our destination we will start in a wooded area surrounded by pine trees and other tree species continuing our journey we will see a valley where a variety of vegetables are grown, as well as fruits and vegetables grown by local people.
Upon arrival to Panajachel we will take a public boat to cross Lake Atitlan and visit Santiago Atitlán.
* Time stipulated in this point, includes the time it takes to transfer by boat to Santiago Atitlán.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Church of Jesus Christ Word Honey, Santiago Atitlan, Santiago Atitlán, Guatemala
Once we arrive to Santiago Atitlán, you’ll learn of the local Saint "Maximon", who is the nahual of the tz'utujiles of Santiago Atitlán, and is venerated as the "guardian protector" of the Tz'utujil people given his status as a colonized people. Popular tradition refers that this character is a tree of "palo de pito" or "tz'atel", a common tree in the regions of Mesoamerica.
Santiago is the most popular lakeside settlement outside Panajachel, and many local people cling to a traditional Tz’utujil Mayan lifestyle. Women weave and wear huipiles (tunics) embroidered with brilliantly colored birds and flowers, and the cofradías town’s maintain the ceremonies and rituals of tradition, the syncretic traditions and practices of Mayan Catholicism.
* Time stipulated in this point, includes the time it takes to transfer by boat to Panajachel.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Panajachel, Guatemala
At the end of our walking through the town we will take a public boat to transfer back to Panajachel.
In Panajachel you will take a delicious lunch (NOT INCLUDED)
Explore the village of Panajachel is a pre-Columbian town of Kakchiquel origin, settled next to the river with the same name and on the lakeside of Atitlán.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Pass By: Guatemala Travel & Tours Gray Line, 8A Avenida 20-10, Guatemala 01011, Guatemala
At the end of your lunch , you’ll be returned to Antigua Guatemala.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Infants must sit on laps
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please Note: During holy week ( April 17 – 21, 2019) we do not pick up on hotels, you will be request to move to our meeting point where we will pick up you. Please be ready on the meeting 15 minutes prior the start time of the tour. Our meeting pointS are: Casa Santo Domingo Hotel or Soleil Hotel.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.