- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore the fascinating city of La Antigua, a UNESCO World Hertiageand, to learn about it´s history during colonial times, and about the customs, traditions, oral traditions and more. Our expert guide will share with you a lot of knowledge of this fabulous city, once considered the third most important Spanish colony in the Americas, then transfer to Kawilal Hot Springs to feel relaxed in the afternoon and enjoy at hot springs.
- Roundtrip transportation from most hotels in Antigua Guatemala
- Bilingual guide (Spanish-English)
- Entrance to Hot Springs
- Entry/Admission - Santa Teresita Hotel & Spa Termal
- Meals not mentioned
Traveler pickup is offered
These are our pick up points for our excursion. Please select your pick up point and be 15 minutes prior the starting time.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
You will be pick up at your hotel and transfer to Antigua Guatemala to start our tour full of history and many curious facts about this city stopped in time and combine with an afternoon of relaxation.
Antigua Guatemala, Once the third largest city in all of Spanish Colonial America and for 200 years the capital of Guatemala, it is today a peaceful, beautiful and partially restored colonial city.
Stop At: Iglesia de La Merced, Antigua Guatemala
Our tour start visiting the church of La Merced of Guatemalan Ultrabaroque style. On the facade of the church, in its upper part is a sculpture of San Pedro Nolasco, founder of the Mercedarian Order.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Arco de Santa Catalina, Av. Norte and 2 Calle Poniente 5, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
The Arch of Santa Catalina, built to connect the nuns between cloisters to avoid being seen due to the votes that the religious who belonged to that Order took, after the earthquakes of 1773, the arch became important due to the arrangements that were made. These arrangements included the construction of a turret and the inclusion of a Lamy Amp Lacroix watch of French origin.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Parque Central, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Central Park surrounded by the Palace of the General Captains, the Town Hall, the Cathedral of San Jose and the Trade Portal. Here in the park, we will also find the Las Sirenas fountain which has a traditional oral where the Count of La Gomera ordered to build the fountain in memory of his daughters, who in giving birth did not want to breastfeed their children for what the count ordered To tie his daughters to a trunk in the center of a waterhole, where they died of thirst and hunger.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Tanque de la Union, Calle oriente 6a, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
La Unión tank, which is one of the most representative laundries in this city, only the big houses had a place where they could be washed. For this reason, most of the inhabitants - housewives - went to public laundries. This was inaugurated on February 3, 1853.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Santa Teresita Hotel & Spa Termal, Avenida Puente de la Gloria, Amatitlan 01063 Guatemala
At the end of our walking transfer to Hot Springs where we can enjoy the lunch included.
Kawilal is a world of relaxation, where the most important elements of nature are present in this unique place of thermal waters, in our environment are the mixed fire and heat of the Pacaya volcano that gives us the thermal waters and vapors. It has 12 thermal pools, thermal circuit, steam baths, 25 and 3 Hydrotherapy Baths. The Spa offers various relaxing services, such as massages, reflexology, Shiatsu, manicures and pedicures, among others.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Gray Line, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
At the end of the visit, transfer to Guatemala City via Antigua Guatemala.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 2 passenger apply to run the tour.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Child under 13 years is not allowed to take the thermal circuit.
- Please Note: During holy week ( April 17 – 21, 2019) we do not pick up on hotels, you will be request to move to our meeting point where we will pick up you. Please be ready on the meeting 15 minutes prior the start time of the tour. Our meeting points are: Casa Santo Domingo Hotel or Soleil Hotel.
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.