- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
You will live and enjoy the experience to hike an active volcano in Guatemala and share with local people. Have a full day of adventure in the Pacaya Volcano to admire the beautiful landscape and delight yourself in an outdoor space surrounded by local vegetation.
- Roundtrip transfer from Guatemala City to Pacaya Volcano
- Local guide
- Entrance to Pacaya Volcano National Park
- Entry/Admission - Volcán Pacaya
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Most of Guatemala City Hotels
You will be picked up at your hotel in Guatemala City and Transfer to National Park Pacaya Volcano sometimes we will be transfer via Antigua Guatemala so you have other people to share your experience with.
Pass By: Gray Line Guatemala, Guatemala City 0011 Guatemala
Upon arrival at the Park you will be waiting for our local guide, an expert in the area which will fill you with all your knowledge.
Pacaya Volcano is the most active volcano in Guatemala, its 2500 m. above the sea; the environment is formed by humid forest and rocks.
We will start hiking from the San Vicente de Pacaya village and begin the adventure with a walking of 60 minutes ascending to the top of the Volcano getting into trails, On the way we will be able to appreciate the beautiful landscape with a view to the Agua volcano and the Fuego Volcano, You can also appreciate the local vegetation and some species that live in the area which you can get to know a little more with our local guide.
Around the middle of the road you will find the Lava Store where you can take a beautiful souvenir handmade of volcanic material by local artisan so you do not forget your visit to the Pacaya Volcano and with your purchase you will be supporting the local work of artisans of the community.
Walking on the trails, you will realize that we leave behind the paths full of vegetation and with leafy trees and we will arrive at a flat area without vegetation. This means that we have reached the top of the volcano since due to the continuous eruptions that the volcano makes the plants can not bloom in this area.
When we get to the top of the Volcano we can enjoy the experience of roasting marshmallows on volcanic rocks and share with others.
Duration: 6 hours
Location: Volcán Pacaya, Guatemala
After the visit and experience lived on the Pacaya Volcano we will return to Guatemala City to your hotel.
Pass By: Guatemala Tours Gray Line, 8A Avenida 20-10, Guatemala 01011, Guatemala
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- Infants must sit on laps
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange.
- Please keep in mind that when climbing an active volcano changes in activity and weather may cancel or shorten the excursion at anytime.
- Medical and Legal Note: Guests booking this tour certify that they are in excellent physical condition and free from any heart, respiratory and/or back condition and are not pregnant. Booking of this tour constitutes an acceptance of the inherent risk of climbing any active volcano and the guest agrees to hold Gray Line all subsidiaries, licensees, staff members and vendors harmless and not liable for any and all injuries or death as a result of taking this tour.
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.