- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This tour, by Due South Travels, will give you great insight into all of the events, activities and processional traditions taking place during Lent, but specifically, the amazing, famous processions of Good Friday. We will walk part of the processional route before the procession comes through. This will provide an amazing opportunity to view and photograph the carpets that are painstakingly made throughout the night. They are beautiful and elaborate and take many hours to create, and are made with natural materials such as dyed sawdust, pine needles, and flower petals.
- Snacks - Refreshments will be available to purchase during the tour
- Gratuities are always appreciated
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Iglesia de La Merced, Antigua, Sacatepequez Department
In this tour by Due South Travels we will walk part of the length of the processional route and talk about the traditions that you will see taking place, including the making of some of the most beautiful carpets you'll see in Antigua during Lent. Good Friday's procession by Iglesia de la Merced is famous. Don't miss this once-yearly event!
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.