- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
We start our day early to beat the traffic and stop for a filling breakfast at a restaurant overlooking the valley. Most tours bring you to the ruins of Iximché and let you wander, however, Due South Travels wants you to have a unique and unforgettable experience, which is why we stop in the village of Tecpán and first learn about the history of the town, and the textile industry. When we do visit Iximché, we are met by a community guide - someone who has Mayan heritage and loves to share the history of this very important site with you. Usually we are lucky enough to catch a Mayan spiritual ceremony taking place on the grounds of the ruins.
You are returned to Antigua between 3 and 4pm.
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Iximche
- Breakfast - We will stop for breakfast on the way. Cost of breakfast is not included.
Traveler pickup is offered
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: TECPAN
Tecpán's municipal market takes place every Thursday, and is a great example of the hustle and bustle of market day in the highlands of Guatemala. Here we'll be the only foreigners in town, and we'll see a beautiful example of a colonial church. After, we will explore the authentic textile market where the women come from their villages to shop for their traditional clothing. Our vendors will explain the difference in the creation of the "huipiles", whether they are hand-made, machine-made, embroidered, brocade, and one- or two-sided.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Iximche
We will transport you to the Mayan ruins at Iximché, the first Spanish capital in Guatemala. Here a community guide will bring us through the museum and park-like grounds where you will see remains of the city and perhaps even catch a Mayan spiritual ceremony taking place.
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.