- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This tour, by Due South Travels, is a 2+ hour guided walking tour of Antigua, one of UNESCO's World Heritage Sites. Our local guide will give you tons of great information, including the history of the city and its architecture, the geography, culture, and religion of historical and modern day Guatemala.
During the tour we will visit and discuss Antigua's significant landmarks, including the ruins of the main cathedral. We will talk about the volcanoes and
earthquakes Guatemala has experienced, the Mayan ethnic groups, the Spanish invasion, and modern day life here.
We are different from the four hour walking tours offered in town because we don't take you shopping (too much pressure!), however, our local guides would love to bring you AFTER the tour if you'd like a thorough explanation of jade or if you're interested in bargaining for some beautiful handicrafts. You'll also receive plenty of other suggestions for things to do in and around town.
- Entrance fee for the cathedral ruins
- Entry/Admission - The Plaza Central Park
- Snacks - We will have a chance to stop for a restroom break and a drink or snack if any guest is in need of a break.
- Gratuities are appreciated
Iglesia de la Merced, 1a Calle Poniente & 6a Avenida Norte, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Santuario Arquidiocesano del Santo Hermano Pedro, Templo de San Francisco el Grande, 7a Calle Oriente, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Plaza Central Park, Plaza Mayor City Center, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
This Due South Travels tour will walk a leisurely route from Iglesia de la Merced, down 5a Avenida, through Central Park. Then we will visit the cathedral ruins and head past Tanque Union Park, and end at Iglesia de San Francisco.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.