- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Take a stroll with Due South Travels through the Antigua market's labyrinth of stalls and vendors, selling anything and everything you can imagine! This is a truly authentic experience. We will discuss the different things you see, and sample some exotic fruits and Guatemalan sweets. The market shapes many locals' way of life and schedule here, and its importance will be discussed. You can try your hand at making your own tortillas also! Then, we'll stop for lunch at a sit-down market eatery and discuss traditional Guatemalan cuisine. Afterwards, you'll be given a curated list of Antigua's tastiest restaurants for you to continue your cuisine experience on your own.
Meet your English-speaking guide in central park. Lunch not included, but averages Q20-Q35 per meal.
- Snacks - handmade tortillas and local fruits included
- Gratuities are always appreciated
- Lunch - Lunch is optional and menu items range from 15-25Q ($2-$4)
Poniente 40, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Central Market Antigua
This tour by Due South Travels will wind its way through the labyrinth of stalls and vendors in the municipal market, where locals come to sell their agricultural products and other goods. We will explore the market culture, sample some regional fruits, check out a traditional sweets stand, and then eat in a local "comedor" that serves typical Guatemalan food!
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.