- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The ruins of Yaxha comprise one of the largest Mayan complexes of northern Guatemala. A knowledgeable guide will lead you on a tour of the archeological site, including its remarkable temples and impressive pyramids. You’ll learn about the pre-Columbian Mayan culture that constructed this classic ceremonial site, which overlooks the Yaxha and Sacnab lakes. Lunch plus round-trip transport from Flores and Santa Elena Peten hotels, or Mundo Maya International Airport, is included. Enjoy personal attention on this small-group tour, limited to 20 people.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entry/Admission - Yaxha
Flores hotels, Santa Elena Peten hotels or Mundo Maya International Airport
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yaxha, National Park, Peten Guatemala
Upon pickup at the airport or your hotel, transfer to Yaxha for your guided tour of the complex, one of the most significant archeological sites of Guatemala. Your experienced guide will lead your group around the excavated ruins and offer insight about the Mayan civilization that used many of the 500 structures for ceremonial purposes. Listen as your guide discusses the influence of Teotihuacan on the architecture of Yaxha, including its pyramid temples, ball courts and elevated plazas. Discover the Twin Pyramid Complex (the only one outside of Tikal), also known as the Stelae Plaza. At the East Acropolis you’ll come upon Structure 216, a 100-foot (30-meter) tall pyramid where remains of a temple shrine still stand on its base, making it the highest building at Yaxha.
When you reach the astronomical complex within Plaza C, you’ll find Early Classic stelae and a causeway to the city center. Visit the North Acropolis, which dates back to the Late Pre-classic and includes an impressive pyramid in the E-Group complex. Your guide will enlighten you about the various stages of construction and tell about the multiple functions these structures performed.
As you explore, marvel at the vast jungle surroundings and views of Lake Yaxha, seen from the summit of one of the temples. After touring the ruins, enjoy lunch on site before beginning your journey back to Santa Elena Peten or Flores, with drop-off at your hotel or the airport in the late afternoon.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you are lodging at a hotel on the Island of Flores, please be requested to move to our meeting point (Hotel Ramada, Calle playa sur, Isla de Flores Peten) to be picked up for your excursion. Our tour guide or driver pick up you around 08:00 hours please be sure to be at that time at the indicated place
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.