- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The Atitlan volcano is perfect to have an amazing hike and outdoor activity. This is an unique opportunity to watch the sunrise from the top of the volcano.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off (at your hotel in Santiago Atitlan)
At your hotel
6:00 AM (Your guide goes to pick you up at your hotel in Santiago Atitlan)
Returns to original departure point
This natural colossus is the highest of the three volcanoes facing to the southwest of lake Atitlán. Its maximum altitude is 11,669 feet above sea level. The volcano has a 250 meter diameter crater and in the highest part there are several cracks resulting from the latest eruption, occurred in the year 1853.
You will observe smoke releasing gasses from the top.The top of the volcano offers one of the best views in the dry season, observing the landscape from the higher parts is a big opportunity and the best way to appreciate the volcanic chain of Guatemala, contemplate the sunrise and the sunset is a picture that you’ll not erase from your mind.
The tour guide goes to pick you up at your hotel in Santiago Atitlán that's a nearest village of the volcano. From your hotel and then to take a taxi to transfer at the entrance of the trail, the length of the small trip is about 15 minutes from your hotel. The Altitude there where it start is 1,610 meters above sea level.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring: 3 liter of water
- Comfortable clothes, hiking boots, rain coat, gloves, scarf, warm jacket, repellent and sunscreen.
- The duration of the hike up and come down are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the rhythm of the hike each one of you.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.