- 3 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
3 days hiking - Xela – Lake Atitlán
This hike is one of the most beautiful experiences at the Guatemalan highlands, where you will explore volcanoes, mountains and the Lake Atitlán. On the road we will pass through a diversity flora and fauna, we will stay at the local host families the first two nights. A Hike from Quetzaltenango, with a Maya Quiche origin to end at the Lake Atitlán with origin Maya Tzutuhil. We will trek 45 kilometers.
- 2 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner) (8 meals)
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup in Quetzaltenango
- Hotel drop-off in the Lake Atitlán
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
Travel & Health Guatemala, 6a Calle 7-31, Quezaltenango 09001, Guatemala
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
The first day the departure time it´s at 6:00am form Quetzaltenango, a 30 minutes driving at the bus, to start the hike at Xecam, Cantel, with 2,450 meters over the level sea. The first two hour we will ascend to 2,950 meters over the level sea, a bit hard at the beginning because it is the highest point of the highlands, knowing as Alaska. After that, we will descend and will stay at a local host family at Antigua Santa Catarina Ixtaguacan. A road of 18 kilometers, but we will be given a gift, a Temescal bath, A Temescal is a traditional Mayan culture sweat lodge that is used for ritual purification and may also have some health benefits. The perfect way to relax the body.
The second say the departure time it´s at 7:00am, the goal is to get to Xiprian Santa Clara La Laguna where we will stay at a local host family to share a wood fire at night, the perfect time to share with locals and the rest of the trekkers. This day we will hike 20 kilometers.
The third day is going to be different, today we will get up at 3:45am because we have to enjoy and experience the magnificent sunrise at el Mirador El Rostro Maya, where we will eat breakfast while the sunrise comes to the most beautiful lake in the world, Lake Atitlan and its three volcanoes, San Pedro, Toliman and Atitlán volcano. 11 kilometers of hiking to get the most beautiful landscape you can imagine.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.