- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Archeological Spot Takalik Abaj or Stand Stone is on Rethaluelu south Quetzaltenango, first home of Olmecs,
- Food and drinks
- Personal Expenses
Your hotel in Quetzaltenango
We go for you to your hotel in Quetzaltenango, let us know the hour.
Your Hotel in Quetzaltenango.
Takalik Abaj is one of the oldest archaeological sites in Guatemala. Here you'll find a combination of Mayan and Olmec ruins in the middle of a tropical forest, which is part of the Sierra Madre.
The ethnic groups that live nearby consider it a sacred place where Mayan rituals are still held, approximately 200 per year. Normally, these traditions are carried out accompanied by sacred fires.
Takalik Abaj has approximately 282 monuments of Mayan and Olmec origin. It should also be noted that the characteristic potbellies can be found in this place, as well as a series of zoomorphic figures. The mayans believe that the inmortality was found on the sea, this place is at 30 minutes of the sea, you will enjoy also watching animals arround this magic place.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.