- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Come visit Tela, Honduras’ wildlife refuge lagoon that holds many canals with mangroves and small islands which serve as a refuge for an abundant marine life, reptiles and over 342 species of birds.
- Choice of seating available
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Punta Sal
Tours Office in Tela, Honduras
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
One of the main attractions of the Jeannette Kawas National Park, Los Micos Lagoon abound in aquatic birds and monkeys.
As a unique specialist tour, this excursion involves a launched tour by ferry of the country’s second largest lagoon, as well as an afternoon’s stay at the most typical Garifuna village in Honduras, Miami, both situated right on the ocean’s edge.
The lagoon derives its name from the white-faced monkeys or ‘micos’ which frequent the mangroves.
Laguna Los Micos is truly an astounding birdwatcher’s paradise with over 350 species sighted.
A tour of the channels and islets will reward you with both an eco-adventure and the chance to see the skillful Garifuna fishermen at work, casting their nets.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 6 people per booking is required
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.