- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Adrenaline, mangrove river and an exuberant jungle full of wild life awaiting to be adventured through in our kayak tour where the Rio Platano meets the Caribbean beach in a full day of all nature scenery.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only - does not apply for Indura Beach Resort)
Your hotels in Tela
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Starting from the coast of the Caribbean city of Tela, you will go to the jungle and the beach at the same time, passing through two Garifuna Villages until we reach to Punta Izopo National Park.
When we arrive to the park we start the journey, kayaking through the maze of mangrove creeks and rivers making up the Río Plátano and the Río Hicaque Lagoon.
As you penetrate the mangroves, paddling through the narrow channels, there is an incredible atmosphere as the greenery closes in around you. Here you realize how close you are to the sights and sounds of the tropics.
Butterflies such as the Blue Morph abound as well as an ample variety of water birds including kingfishers and herons. We go back onto to the ranger for a visit to one of the Garifuna Villages were you can swim.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.