- 10 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This Bob Marley's Reggae Day Extravaganza allows you to do the Bob Marley Museum in Hope Road, Kingston and Bob Marley’s Nine Mile Tour in St Ann all in one day.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Skip the line
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local taxes
- Private tour
- Entrance fees ($25 for adults/$12.50 for children at each venue)
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Tour departs from Runaway Bay hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
Monday - Saturday
Your friendly and professional tour guide will meet you in your Runaway Bay hotel lobby where you will board a clean air-conditioned vehicle headed to the very remote village of Nine Mile in the beautiful hills of St Ann. Traveling south from the north coast, you will be in awe as you drive through the breathtaking rainforest while your driver gives you information about Jamaica. The drive will be approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The 1 hour and 30 minute Nine Mile tour includes a stop at the birth and resting place the late reggae legend, Bob Marley and Mount Zion, the spot where he drew his inspiration from to write his songs. Visit the nearby Ethiopian church where his body was laid to rest with his guitar. A Rastafarian tour guide will be on hand to guide you around the property and answer all your questions. You will have the opportunity to view the room he slept in as a young child and as an adult when he would return on his many “cooling out” visits. The rock that he used as a pillow, on which he would often times relax to draw inspiration to write his songs is still in the very spot. Quite a few guests have said that they have felt the presence of Bob Marley.
After the Nine Mile tour you will be taken through the green untouched mountains to Hope Road in Kingston where he lived at as an adult in a magnificent Victorian style house that he bought from his manager (Chris Blackwell) in 1974. This house is also the home of "Tuff Gong Studios". There you will view his record trophies on the walls, pieces of clothing, pots, pans, utensils, furniture, etc. Feel free to walk around outside and take photos.
After an exciting day tour of the Bob Marley museums you tour guide will take you back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.