- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
With this tour, you will discover the Wine and Cheese Route at the Ojos Negros Valley, located east of Ensenada. The route is internationally recognized for the excellent quality of its wines and cheeses. You will enjoy a visit to La Cava de Marcelo, where you can learn, with a guided tour at their facilities, about crop production, livestock care, cheese making, and family history ending with a cheese tasting and wine. Later, you can enjoy gourmet dishes at the restaurant La Casa Marcelo. Finally, you will visit the only and the best wine bar in downtown Ensenada, with more than 270 wine labels from the region to taste.
- Small-group tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Hotel pickup included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Cheese and wine tasting and tour at La Cava de Marcelo
- Local guide English/Spanish
- Hotel pick up from Guadalupe Valley
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - La Cava de Marcelo
- Wine tasting at wine bar in Ensenada
Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel in Ensenada Any hotel in Valle de Guadalupe B&B/bnb in Ensenada and/or Valle de Guadalupe Vacational rentals
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Your tour begins at 11:30am with pickup from your hotel in Ensenada. Board a vehicle and drive towards the Ojos Negros Valley to discover the best wine and cheese in Ensenada. You'll first head to La Cava de Marcelo which is the main cava producer of artisan cheeses in Baja California. This place is internationally recognized for its high quality and has been in business since 1911. You'll enjoy a guided tour to learn about crop production, livestock care, preparation of cheeses, as well as, family history and cheese tasting and wine from the house in the cellar.
The brand name is Quesos Ramonetti and it offers natural cheeses in different presentations: Fresh, with Basil, with Romero, with Pepper, Cheese Aged 6 months, 1 and 2 years, and Ricotta and butter of the highest quality. Some of these will be included in your cheese tasting so you can try the best of the best.
Your tour then continues with lunch at the Restaurant La Casa Marcelo (own expense). Its menu offers a modern version of the traditional flavors of Mexican cuisine with the best local ingredients from Ojos Negros and Valle de Guadalupe. All dairy is fresh and come directly from the cows of Rancho La Campana, so you are sure to enjoy delicious and local cuisine.
Finally, you will visit the only and the best wine bar in downtown Ensenada, with more than 270 wine labels from the region to taste (own expense) before heading back to your hotel to end the day.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is casual
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.