- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Best way to discover this city is walking between the streets, to nose around, taste the gastronomy and coexist with the inhabitant. Mexico City lives to an intensive rhythm with more than 23 million of inhabitan; each one whit their history, type of life, whit their ideals and dreams. Is a place with many contrast it will turn out to be incredible. Maybe we don´t have to understand, just enjoy it. Juliá Travel go whith you to explore CDMX and enjoy walking around historical center of the city.
- Official bilingual guide for the panoramic walk
- Taste of typical sweet
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified
- Any personal expenses
Palacio de Bellas Artes, San José de la Cruz, San José Agua Azul, Gto., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from the main entrance of the Palacio de Bellas Artes.
Zócalo, Plaza de la Constitución S/N, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, 06010 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Meeting point is Palacio de Bellas Arte´s principal door, ubicated on one side of la Alameda Central in front of la Torre Latinoamericana (firt skyscraper built in Lationamerica in the years 50´s).Our guide will be there waiting for you with a Julia Travel´s panel and you will find easy.
We will begin our visit with construction history of Palacio de Bellas Artes, this really beautiful building dates from the XX century and it’s covered with Carrara´s marbled. Decoration inside is art deco combined with a pre-Hispanic elements adapted to the same style. Here spectacles of of classic baller are realized. We will continue our tour for Palacio de Correos, work of the Italian architect Adamo Boari. This wonderful complex was inaugurated in 1907 and has a facade as the palaces Italian period, besides spectacular interior staircase that impresses by its beauty. Just a few steps, other construction we have to see is Casa de los Azulejos, this name is for it till-covered facade inside of this house we´ll find covered courtyard that has a restaurant where many people meet.
Later we will stop to visit a pastisserie called “La Ideal”, where we´ll find great variety of cakes. Our guide will explain to us about Mexican festivities like 15 year old party, baptism, fest of the death…
The historical city center of the city is a special place for the resident´s live. They ususally go there to make shopping, walk around, visit museum or attend a show in the Zocalo. People of all ages and social classes coexist together every day. During our visit for Pedestrian Street called Francisco I. Madero we will see the daily live. After that we´ll visit one of the oldest Candy store and we´ll make a degustation of “las alegrías”, Mexicans love them.
When we arrive to Plaza de la Constitucion more known tih the name “Zocalo”, we´ll visit Metropolitana Cathedral; it was contructed on Gran Teocalli´s foundation seat of Azteca´s power in Gran Tenochtitlan. Its contrucction with volcanic stone was there during three hundred years. Inside of the building, the altarpiece of the kings is one of most beautiful samples of the Mexican baroque art. Another nice visit will be “Campanario de la Catedral”. We´ll visit also Templo Mayor its vestiges are proof of the greatness of Mexico City founded in the year 1325 d.C by aztecas. This place have a modern museum where you can find the most important treasure found during excavations of this place.
To finish our tour, we´ll visit Palacio Nacional. This enclosure belong to Federal de Mexico executive power its construction started in the first middle of XVI century with extract stones from Templo Mayor. During the first part of XX century Diego Rivera recognized painter decorated with fresh mural painting.
At the end of Palacio Nacional visit our guide say goodbye. If you want you can continue enjoying in the historical center of the city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please, be aware that the tour includes walking. It is advised that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready for some walking.
- Umbrella is important during rainy season (end of May to October).
- Templo Mayor charges for taking pictures (without flash) or video recording (no professional) is not included in our tour.
- Flash cameras are forbidden in front of Murales del Palacio Nacional.
- Palacio Nacional´s army prefers not be photographed.
- Palacio Nacional closes on Mondays or event days or State´s officials not anticipated, out of supplier's control.
- The minimum number of people required for the tour's departure is 2 people, in case of not reaching the required minimum, we will offer an alternative date or the possibility of the total refund of the tour.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Maximum number 12 people.
- Printed voucher or E-voucher are accepted.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.