- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
TRAVEL IN TIME AND RECREATE TEOTIHUACAN CEREMONIAL CENTER.
Tehuacalco is an archaeological site located near the city of Chilpancingo, Guerrero. It was the first archaeological site associated with the yope culture. The site is located on a hill surrounded by mountains, which were worshiped by the yopes. An ancient ceremonial center of yope culture being this one of the few dominions of late pre-Hispanic times that never was dominated the Mexicas. the cardinal points were marked by 4 mountains. The Mount La Compuerta was used to mark the solar events as equinoxes and solstices when the sun came out behind him. Tehuacalco was occupied as a ceremonial site.
A good 7 hrs will be enough to enjoy a ride thru the Sierra Madre el Sur, to appreciate the flora and fauna of the place and the warmth of the local people-
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
We will start the Adventure heading to the Highway Acapulco-Mexico to take the detour to Tehuacalco, During the trip you will enjoy the scenarios the mother nature has to offer, and your guide will provide details about our state, people, culture, gastronomy and the group of Yopes, who were the first inhabitants of the area of Yopitzingo. Tehuacalco is a ceremonial center and has structures with a style known in the past as Mexica style.
We will visit the ceremonial center that is composed of several structures: The ball game field, the main temple, the palace among others.
Engravings were found on the site such as the painted feet petroglyph, human footprints carved on a huge stone.
An unforgettable experience to know the beginnings of yope culture that also settled in Acapulco. Our journey will conclude with the return to your hotel or to the ship terminal
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A minimum of 02 adults per booking is required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.