- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
- Learn the history of the city of Guadalajara and western Mexico in a fun way
- Listen stories from the most outstanding Jaliscans
- Discover the meaning of the most prominent murals of Jose Clemente Orozco
- Admire the combination of the different architectural styles of the cathedral and surprise yourself with the main Catholic tradition of the city.
- Enjoy the admirable neogothic architecture of the expiatory temple and its incredible stained glass windows and discover the secret that keeps its main tower.
- Be amazed by the neoclassical style of the Degollado theater and captivate with its interiors and its surprising acoustics.
- In Tlaquepaque enjoy your free time to visit the art galleries and craft shops with the recommendations of your guide and the best restaurants to try local food and listen mariachi music.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Guadalajara es Mexico
- food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
we offer pick up at any hotel in the metropolitan area of Guadalajara
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Guadalajara es Mexico, Paseo Del Hospicio 35-A Calle Plaza Tapatia 35, Guadalajara 44360 Mexico
This is the perfect tour if you want to know the colonial architecture and the history of Guadalajara. You will visit the expiatory temple one of the architectural gems of the city.
In the Rotunda of the illustrious Jaliscans your guide will tell you about some of jalisco´s most notable figures to the fields of art, science and work in benefit to society.
In the government palace you will know the history of the city of Guadalajara from the first natives of the West Mexico, the foundation of the city, the decree of abolition of slavery. You can admire the murals painted by José Clemente Orozco one of the most famous muralists of the 20th century
The Cathedral of Guadalajara is the largest temple in western Mexico dating from the 16th century. Its neogothic style towers are the emblem of the city and its combination of architectural styles make it unique in the world. The interior is amazing for its 11 neoclassical style altars and its 19th century musical organ; your guide will tell you about the main catholic tradition of the city.
The Degollado Theater is the opera house of the city dates from 1856. It is neoclassical style; its interior is adorned with a beautiful fresco of the divine comedy of Dante Aligeri, and is adorned with a golden eagle with an interesting legend
Tlaquepaque is a picturesque town located 5 km from Guadalajara where you will find all kinds of crafts and beautiful restaurants to try local food; everything is located in a wonderful pedestrian area with 18th and 19th century houses.
Duration: 6 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.