- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Visit two ancient towns, both dedicated to the making of arts & crafts and full of stories to tell.
Begin your tour visiting Tonala with its rustic atmosphere. A visit to City Hall will help you learn about the history of the Tonaltecas as you see the colorful murals decorating the walls. Visit a workshop to admire the talent and creativity of the artisans. Continue to Tlaquepaque, where lovely old mansions are now shops and galleries. The tour includes a guided walk to see the monument of Hidalgo, the Historic House, the Ceramic Museum (closed on Mondays) the main plaza and the world famous Parian.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- A la carte lunch included
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Professional local tour guide
- One refreshing drink (non-alcoholic)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Ceramic Museum (Museo Regional de la Ceramica)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch or food (we will recommend restaurants)
Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Guadalajara Metropolitan Area
Traveler pickup is offered
PICK UP TIME IS 9:30 A.M.
- Miguel Hidal Airport, Guadalajara Mexico
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
9:30 a.m. Pick up at your hotel to drive to Tonala, a lovely rustic village where artisans have their workshops and have made fabulous crafts, generation after generation.
10:15 a.m. Arrival to Tonala, visiting the historical center and the city hall to see the colorful murals that explain the history and traditions of Tonala. Visit to the national museum of ceramics with wonderful pieces made by Tonaltecan artisans that have been recognized with national and international awards. Visit to a ceramic workshop to see how the beautiful pieces are made. Right after this, departure to Tlaquepaque, approximately a 25-minute drive. Tlaquepaque is one of the most charming artisan villages in the country, with lovely colonial mansions that are now shops and galleries and make the perfect place to display the large variety of crafts made in the state of Jalisco.
12:45 p.m. In Tlaquepaque you will have a guided walking tour of this sophisticated village and then free time for shopping or strolling around this wonderful area. To quench our thirst, we will enjoy at the Main Plaza a traditional and refreshing drink called Tejuino. It is a pre-hispanic drink made of corn and only can be found in this part of the country. Free time for lunch. We can recommend many wonderful traditional restaurants with great food.
3:30 p.m. Return to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.