- 4 to 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Save time and take advantage of this unique option with TripAdvisor/Viator to buy your entrance ticket to Hospicio Cabañas, in Guadalajara. By booking this ticket, all you will need to do is a simple exchange right in the entrance, getting inside the museum in less than 2 minutes.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Instituto Cultural Cabanas
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Permission for Video or professional cameras
Main entrance of Instituto Cultural Cabañas in: Cabañas No. 8 Col. Las Fresas, Plaza Tapatía C.P. 44360 Guadalajara, Jalisco, México, with your printed or e-voucher, do not go to the ticket office.
Visit: Instituto Cultural Cabanas, Calle Paseo Hospicio 8 Colonia Centro, Guadalajara 44100 Mexico
Visit the wonders of Hospicio Cabañas in Guadalajara, Jalisco, named a World Heritage Site and one of the oldest and largest hospital buildings in America.
Founded by the Bishop of Guadalajara around 1791, and created with the purpose of serving as a workhouse, hospital, orphanage, and almshouse, this building owes its name to Juan Ruiz de Cabañas.
Manuel Tolsá, a renowned architect from Mexico City, was commanded to design the structure. His designed was based on Parisian and Madrilenian works considered now classics, such as Les Invalides and El Escorial.
The single storey building has a rectangular structure which chapel has a dome rising to 32.5 metres. The complex is erected on one level in order to aid the mobility of the sick, the aged, and children.
The construction didn't finish until 1829, and during this time, the building served as barracks, and then went back to its original purpose of being a hospital until 1980, when the affiliated schools of arts and crafts belonging to the Cabañas Cultural Institute, moved in.
Inside the building you'll find several monumental frescoes done by José Clemente Orozco, including one of his most famed creations, "Alegoría del Hombre en Llamas". Due to its cultural importance, Hospicio Cabañas was named a Unesco World Heritage site in 1997.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Your voucher is not a ticket.
- Before entering the museum, please head to the main entrance of Instituto Cultural Cabañas in: Cabañas No. 8 Col. Las Fresas, Plaza Tapatía C.P. 44360 Guadalajara, Jalisco, México, with your printed or e-voucher, do not go to the ticket office.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.