- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Our Signature Taco Tour is perfect for people who want to dive deeper into Mexican Culture and eat a wide variety of the everyday food the locals eat.
Enjoy a wonderful walking food tour showcasing the most delicious tacos and street food offered in the Bay of Banderas. Journey with a foodie guide and learn how the locals eat. Sample regional specialties including birria, carnitas, fish tacos, and many more dishes—plus dessert and candies. This 3.5-hour, small-group walking tour will open your eyes to the culture, food, and traditions of beautiful Puerto Vallarta. Bottled water, food and non-alcoholic drinks, a colorful signature shopping bag, and complimentary tour photos are all included. Arrive hungry!
The Signature Taco Tour is offered seven days per week. Please remember that it’s for a maximum of six people and, as a result, sells out quickly. Don’t wait, reserve your spot today.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Take this walking tour with a passionate Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide and get the inside scoop on:
- why Mexicans eat chicharron (fried pork skin), carnitas (pork), and birria (spicy Mexican stew) tacos for breakfast,
- the importance of the tortilla in the Mexican diet (visit a tortilla factory and taste tortillas fresh off the press!
- fresh fish and seafood caught locally
- produce, candy, and handmade refreshing fruity paletas (popsicles)
- We recommend taking the Signature Taco Tour at the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta. That way, you’ll be able to return to your newly discovered favorite spots during the rest of your visit!
- Bottled water
- Food and drink throughout tour
- Engaging and knowledgeable bilingual foodie guide
- Colorful signature shopping bag
- Complimentary photos of your tour
- Map and assistance with the rest of your visit in Puerto Vallarta
- It is important contact us at the time of your booking if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies so we can accommodate to your needs for a better experience.
- Not wheelchair friendly
- Entry/Admission - Zona Romantica
- Alcoholic beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended 15-20% of tour cost)
Insurgentes 108, Zona Romántica, Emiliano Zapata, 48380 Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Romantica, Puerto Vallarta
Most of this award-winning tour is in the neighborhood of Emiliano Zapata - also known as the Zona Romantica or Old Town Vallarta
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (about 1.5 miles over three hours)
- Tours go out rain or shine
- Some of the places visited may change depending on the day
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
The tour was great. Our guide Raquel was wonderful. We were able to taste a wide variety of tacos, food items and agua frescas. Everything was delicious.
I would highly recommend this Taco tour! We had a fantastic time walking the streets of Puerto Vallarta. Our tour guide, Eric was friendly, knowledgeable and informative. I highly recommend you come on a completely empty stomach because you get lots of food. Every single taco was Delicious! We also visited a tortilla factory and had a hot, fresh corn tortilla.
Our leader, Daniella led the 6 of us on a very informative, fun and delicious tour of taco stands, a wonderful restaurant, a bakery, meat shop and produce market. She knew each of the families who owned the eateries and shared their histories and specialities with us. Daniella is an excellent tour guide and is very committed to meeting the individual needs of all of us including 2 children and one of the group who used a walking stick. I've been coming to Puerto Vallarta for 30 years and had never eaten in a street taco stand and now I feel very comfortable doing that and will do so in the future. Very highly recommended!!!
Fun tour! Only drawback was too much food for the allotted time. A few less taco stands and more time spent at the others enjoying the food. Our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable.
Daniella was a great guide. We visited 8-10 different local places. Each had something a little different, and all were great. Being able to sample all the street food, with the knowledge that it was from safe places, was a wonderful experience. Definitely recommend!
This was a really great tour. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and took the group to places off the beaten track. As a soon-to-be resident of PV, our visits to the local markets, butcher, bakery and tortilleria were useful, interesting and fun.
Marvelous time and oh! so many fabulous eats!! Our guide Danielle was superb and gave us such an appreciation for the people and culture of Mexico. Loved it!
Loved, loved, loved it!! It was so delicious! The lady that gave us our tour, I forgot her name was so sweet and helpful. We went back to some of the taco stands ourselves over the next couple of days. The Birria was to die for and all of the delicious fruit waters. Highly recommend!
Mémo, our guide, was terrific. He was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, funny and energetic.
The tour was well paced, a balance of learning about Mexican eating habits, tasting fabulous tacos that we might never have had the nerve to try, seeing how tortillas are made, visiting a fruit market, and dare I mention tasting home-made ice cream and Mexican candies?
My husband and I would strongly recommend Memo and this tour at the onset of one's visit to Puerto Vallarta so that one would know where the best street food is located for return visits.
Great tour, great day, great memories!!!!
This was so full of taste and information.
Danielle I think was our guide, she was lovely.
She was full of information and never seemed to tire of our questions.
We found we were running late so had to skip the last stop.
We will go again next year, I think you could go a few times and always find something new to try.
We had a great time. This was our second breakfast tour and was just a good as the first. 2nd included some new venues.
Don't miss this tour - it's the best in PV! Get to eat the food that you may be unsure of and opens a whole new vista of
I cannot say enough good things about this tour. It was so much fun learning about the area and their customs. I have always said if you want to experience the culture go to the food that the locals eat everyday. I can promise you this you will not leave this tour hungry. DO THIS TOUR!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND