- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Regenerate and balance your mind and body with the benefits offered by the Temazcal, an ancient Mesoamerican tradition. Get purified and experience one of the oldest customs form the area.
- Transportation, only from/to centrally located Hotels in the Mazatlan area
- Lunch and one beverage.
- Tips (optional)
Traveler pickup is offered
The adventure begins in the town of Veranos, located approximately 40 minutes from Mazatlan. Welcomed by a Shaman, your first experience will be a clay and mud bath to exfoliate your skin. Once the mud is dry, you will wash it off with water. Then it will be time to get into the Temazcal that will take place in a small igloo-shaped place, where you will gather around a hole in the ground.
As the Shaman places the hot volcanic stones and herbs inside, the steam generated will cause you to sweat, which releases toxins and cleanses your body. Because of its shape, it is believed that the Temazcal represents the womb of Mother Earth and some take this opportunity to thank Her for all they have and ask for help to remove themselves from everything they don't need. Inside, you will work with the four elements: earth, wind, fire and water, to purify and harmonize your body, soul and spirit.
Later, you will enjoy a regional meal; try the tequila cheese, machaca burritos, beans, Mexican sauce, tortillas and a beverage of your choice. Besides, you´ll have time to go through the town where you can visit the Museum of History and the beautiful church. You also can go to visit the hot springs and the tequila factory, where you will taste the best tequila in town. Nothing better to round off this unique experience in Mazatlan!
• Discover the amazing local flora and fauna
• Explore the colonial town of Veranos
• Enjoy excellent mexican traditional food and taste the local handmade liquor
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear light clothing, swimsuit, comfortable shoes or sandals, and cap or hat. Bring a change of clothes, towel, camera, biodegradable sunscreen and insect repellent, and extra money for souvenirs or additional expenses.
- Maximum weight limit is 260lbs. Child price applies to ages: 6-10. Minimum age to participate: 6 years. This tour is not recommended for pregnant women, people with heart, shoulder, back or mobility problems. People under the influence of alcohol or any illegal substance will not be allowed to participate in this activity.
- Transportation included only from/to centrally located Hotels in the Mazatlan area. If you’re staying in a different area, an extra fee may apply
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is of the utmost importance that you provide your complete Hotel/Cruise details at the time of booking. Without this information, we will not be able to confirm your reservation. If this is the case, please contact us immediately to reconfirm your reservation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.